HR Revolution specialise in giving SMEs the tools, frameworks, and knowledge to get the most out of their employees ensuring that people practices help them to achieve big things and in the final part of this guide, we take you through the last key action points you need to consider:
Are your line managers firing on all cylinders?
Your line managers are the oxygen of your business. They motivate employees, help you to achieve your goals, and can often be your eyes and ears when the workload starts to mount up and you can’t possibly keep on top of everything on your own.
The managers that you choose can make or break your business, so it makes good sense to consider how you will support them in their roles, and ensure that
Here are some important points to consider:
- Do you assess your managers on their leadership skills during regular performance discussions?
- Are you giving managers the tools they need to excel in their role? If you don’t have carefully crafted people policies, for example, then you are not providing the focus and direction that is really required
- Who are your managers of the future? Do you have a succession plan?
How can you become an exemplary employer?
HR is not just about ticking a few boxes and making sure that you’re not breaking the law. Savvy leaders know that becoming the best employer that they can possibly be can give them a huge competitive edge.
But what does this look like in practical terms? And what do you need to look at to make the shift from compliance to true excellence?
- What do people really say about working for your business?
- How have you built a positive employer brand? And if you haven’t, how can you get started?
- How does your performance measure up against other businesses in your area and your industry?
- Would YOU want to be an employee in your business?
Are you tapping into modern technology?
Make 2018 the year when you finally decide to make your life easier by harnessing the true potential of systems and processes. It could save you time, money, and a whole load of stress.
Here are some points for you to consider:
- When’s the last time that you caught up with your current providers? They may have new tools that you can utilise, or suggestions on how you can ramp up your return on investment
- Where are you putting man-hours into tasks that could be automated?
- What new solutions are being launched into the marketplace that could help you to achieve your goals?
Where do you want your business to be a year from now?
Whilst you’re getting down and dirty with the nitty-gritty considerations, be sure to keep an eye on the bigger picture and what you need to do to make real progress towards bigger goals.
Take a look at:
- Where you are right now, and the reality of the obstacles that you’ll need to overcome to move forward
- Where you will have to make investments to ensure that you have the skills and practical tools that you need
- How you can make fast progress, without cutting corners and creating avoidable problems
There’s absolutely no doubt about it… If you make your way through the considerations that we’ve outlined in this guide, and you take action against them, then you can make massive leaps forward during 2018.
You don’t have to do everything at once, but you do need to be sensible with your time and make sure that you’re consistently making time for implementation. Download the complete guide below.
Maybe this information has made you realise that there’s huge room for improvement, and you need a helping hand with getting started. If so, pick up the phone and give us a call. We can carry out an initial assessment of your strengths and weaknesses in terms of your HR practices, and give you advice around how we may be able to guide you through making meaningful and profitable changes.
I hope you enjoyed our guide and that it has given you food for thought… why not give us a call, or visit our website: HR Revolution, we are ready to answer any questions you may have +44 203 538 5311 or email@example.com
HR Revolution, expert CIPD HR professionals, supporting your employees and business.