These days we spend more time at work than we do with our friends and families, so you may have noticed that sometimes your employees have become bored and tired of the daily grind, making them more likely to feel disconnected from their working environment. What you should be striving for is a way to create a more stimulating environment that will keep them happy and focused. Easier said than done I know, but at HR Revolution we think laughter is the best medicine and like a bit of natural light hearted humour and laughter in the office. Laughter helps people relax and reduces stress, and encourages productivity which is always good. Here are 10 fun facts about laughter…
- People laugh 30 times more when they are with other people.
- Laughter increases blood flow by 22% and stress decreases blood flow by 35%.
- Women laugh more than men.
- Laughter increases immune system response.
- Laughter stimulates circulation and improves respiration.
- Laughter exercises your muscles, and can burn up to 3 1/2 calories each time you laugh.
- Laughter stimulates the brain and enhances mental functions.
- Laughter activates endorphins which help manage pain.
- Laughter promotes social bonding, which enhances cooperation. (Surely you are less likely to say no after a good laugh!)
- Laughter is contagious.
So go on throw off the shackles of the “corporate world” and have a laugh, your colleagues and creativity will thank you for it.