I was a little late for work this morning, tut tut and although my reason was genuine, at least 16% of the working population admit to rolling into the office late at least once a week. Of course there are the usual suspects up there in the top 10 with 33% claiming “traffic”, 24% go with “lack of sleep” and around 10% citing “childcare issues”, I wanted something a little more amusing on a Monday morning, so here are my 10 favourite made up excuses you may or may not want to try!!
- I feel like I’m in everyone’s way if I show up on time.
- My left turn indicator wasn’t working so I had to make all right turns to get to work.
- My husband thinks it’s funny to hide my car keys before he goes to work.
- I wasn’t late. I just failed to be on time.
- I got distracted watching The Jeremy Kyle Show!
- I did a really hard aerobics class last night and I couldn’t move my legs when my alarm went off this morning.
- I lost my glasses and got on the wrong bus.
- I forgot it was Monday.
- I was at a job interview.
- A hamster got stuck under my accelerator pedal.
But a good rule of thumb is, DON’T BE LATE! and if you are be honest!!