I was a little late for work this morning, tut tut, and although my reason was genuine it got me wondering what excuses people really give for being late for work. Of course there are the usual suspects up there in the top 10 with 33% claiming “traffic”, 24% go with “lack of sleep” and around 10% citing “childcare issues” but I wanted to something a little bit more out there, so here are my top 10 favourite excuses from around the world:-
1. I feel like I’m in everyone’s way if I show up on time
2. My left turn signal was out so I had to make all right turns to get to work
3. My husband thinks it’s funny to hide me car keys before he goes to work
4. I wasn’t thinking and drove to my old office
5. My son spiked my orange juice with whiskey and by the time I realised, I was over the limit
6. My cat weed in my work shoes
7. I lost my glasses and got on the wrong bus
8. I forgot it was Monday
9. I was at an interview
10. A hamster got stuck under my accelerator pedal
This last little snippet is not an excuse but just made me smile!!
“I would call my boss to tell them I’ll be late, but I don’t think they’ll appreciate me waking them up!”
Have a good week.